Saturday, March 28, 2009

Trip to the Store!

It has rained heavily for days. Last night I was at my friend Packrat Paul's house for a train night. We constructed over 30 feet of benchwork! What fun.

Today I needed some supplies and was a little tired from my dieting and heavy exercise, so I went to the store. Here's what I bought:

Michael's (a hobby and craft store)

  • Selection of hardwood dowels: 7/16", 5/16", 1/4", 3/16" and 1/8". One each, all 36" long. (for testing swamp piling bridge assemblies)
  • 8x10 picture frame for my buddy Iron Mike's photo (to do something nice for Mike who gives his all to the hobby)
  • Bag of craft sticks, 5 3/4 x 1/4 x 3/32 inches - 75 per pack with a smooth finish (mixing resin and for scale model construction)
  • 5 oz bottle of Aleene's Original Tacky Glue (the best for assembly of most things)
  • 2 oz bottle of Ceramcoat Rain Grey acrylic paint (brick morter for the packing plant)
Target

  • 8x10 glossy photo of Iron Mike standing next to the Coal River Railroad Layout (to do something nice for Mike)
Dollar Tree (generic $1 store)
  • Package of 80 cotton rounds pads (for painting and absorbing glue)
  • Roll of aluminum foil (various uses)
  • Two packs of 50 pipe cleaners ( the big ones) for cleaning air brushes
  • Two rolls of 1" x 60 yds masking tape (for taping down items to paint and masking)
  • Three disposable lighters (for lighting candles, heat source, torch lighting)
  • Set of 6 jumbo clothes pins (clamps made of plastic)
  • Small 2 1/2" x 3" mirror (for checking straight lines and edges)
All in all it was a good day. The dollar store is a great place for supplies. I only go to Michael's for things I can get no where else or because I have a coupon. Now I'll go to the basement and put this stuff away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!