Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Bad Mood

I'm in a bad mood today because of work, so I went to the basement as soon as I got through with the dishes. Ok, my wife threw me out of the kitchen and banished me to the basement.

I cleaned up the train room and got it ready for the NCI group to come over Friday. Last week I bought a ton of screws and I put them in their appropriate bins.

On my shopping list I added shims, two utility knives and some utility knife blades. I use Google spreadsheets so that I can access them at work or with my Blackberry.

The kind of wood you buy for your benchwork really does make a difference. We were arguing about wood the other night. Concrete Keith likes dimensional lumber. I like sawn plywood. There are pros and cons to each, so I'll let you take your pick. On my layout I chose to go with B-C plywood. What I found was that if you need your benchwork to be incredibly level (as I do with so much water to pour on it) that the B-C grade has some slight waves and ripples to it that effect the flatness of the board and cause some buldges. Don't scrimp on the benchwork, which has not been my mode of thinking for many years. Next time I'll use high grade sand ply.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!