Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Benchwork and Saw Palmettos

This week we are going to try to complete the first half of the swamp benchwork.


We'll start with the far back wall and work our way around to the right hand side. There is an access hatch in the middle of the back wall, so there are some extra supports. I'll post some track plan drawings a little later.

I found a website tonight: http://www.geocities.com/bkempins/ASMMain/Main.html and it belongs to Alkem Scale Models. They are purveyors of etched brass parts and I've reached out to them to see if they can etch the saw palmetto plants for me. These are perfect for etching and we'll need a lot of them. They give a very distinctive look to the layout. If he doesn't do them I can do them myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!