Sunday, February 21, 2010

#001 03 Dr. Bank's Office - Drawings Complete

I finished up the drawings this morning in 3rd Plan It.  Here are snapshots.  Next, we'll need to buy some lumber and get busy!


As to NMRA AP scoring, I got my friend and NMRA SER Region AP Chairman Randall Watkins to pre-score this model.  What?  You haven't even built it.  Well, yeah.  But WHAT you are going to do, coupled with some assumptions, can yield a score!  I always do this exercise just to make sure I am STARTING with a model that can win 87.5 points. 

Per Randall Watkins:

More that 87.5,
 
CONSTRUCTION: Simple Model to Very Complex or Difficult.
I would say Somewhat Complex and your workmanship would be Bery Good.
27 to 29 Points. (my score 28)
 
DETAIL Complexity of Detail, I would say Moderate Detail and Easy-to Add
10 to 11 Points.  (my score 11) 
 
CONFORMITY: Do you have photos and/or plans, if no plans or documentation
a maximum of only 15 points. Your will have plans, the model will be Largely
prototypical to Completely Prototypical.
20 to 22 Points (my score 21)
 
FINISH & LETTERING:
Complexity is from Simple to Complex, this model i would say Moderate,
Your finishing would be Good to Better .
16 to 18 Points. (my score 17)
 
SCRATCH-BUILDING: (The good Part) The Complexity of this model would be Moderate
 and Completely Scratch built.
13 Points (my score 13)
 
I would score it 90 points.
    
RW 
 
Thanks, Randall!  I scored it and got a 91, so we're in the ball park.  Still not a lot of wiggle room, but judges usually score more flexibly than either I or Randall do.  Actually, I'm a tough judge, but gladly took 88 points on a kit I built once.
 
Off to the basement to get cracking!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!