Saturday, December 27, 2008

By, Old Saw

In a big effort to eliminate my concern for safety regarding the old chop
saw, I ordered a DeWalt from Santa.and got it.

Lots of power.

Big 12" blade.

All kinds of safety equipment..

PERFECT!

I put the manual aside and put her to work.

Vertical cut.smooth and clean, no saw noise!

45 degree cut..excellent, point nice and sharp!

Compound miter cut...SSHSHHHSHSHHIIINNNNNNGGGGG!

I now know that the DeWalt DW716 will cut cast aluminum just as clean as a 2
x 4. It appears that the high fence must be moved back prior to cutting.

Luckily! Very luckily! I had my safety glasses on. Otherwise, I'd be
minus an eye from the shrapnel the saw flung at me.

Lesson: READ THE MANUAL FIRST

Be safe!

Scott Perry

Old One Eye

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!